Posted on December 12, 2015
Comments Off on Technology Executive Conference (TEC 2016)
Technology Executive Conference (TEC 2016)
What is TEC 2016?
TEC 2016 is a Technology Executive Conference that will be held in Accra-Ghana. It is a vehicle by which Lead One Africa plans to feed two birds with one scone.
Recognize Technology thought-leaders and inspire new generation of executives with innovative ideas and opportunities for social change using Technology. This is an opportunity for us to bring business executives and Technology executives together in order to stimulate innovative ideas for the critical sectors of the economy such as education, energy, health, banking and finance, and legal.
What is the gap that exists?
1. The Private sector is said to be the engine of growth for African Economies. Lead One Africa recognizes the need for both a strong private sector and a strong public sector. Technology is a key ingredient for both sectors to develop and keep up with the rest of the World but Africa has its’s unique challenges when it comes to Technology:
1. Infrastructure 2. Cost 3. User adoption 4. Governance and 5. Human resources
Despites the challenges, a number of businesses have successfully implemented Technological processes that are contributing to them staying profitable, there is however a gap in knowledge sharing within and across industries, there is also the need to establish connections between developers of innovative IT Products and their potential customers.
2. Where are Africa’s Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerbergs? There is a lot to be done in-terms of streamlining the educational systems in Africa and removing barriers to produce more innovators. A sizeable number of the youth overcome the many obstacles to get to the stage where they can become Technology inventors only to face the biggest obstacle – lack of a platform to market their products to the big buyers, no government incentives for companies that use local ICT products.
How do we get the Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerbergs of Africa to come out?
How do we do it?
1. We hold a pre-TEC event to create a healthy competitive environment to challenge the youth to develop Tech solutions, motivate them by rewarding winners and provide a platform for participants to showcase their inventions.
2. We have a TEC event to learn from those who have done it before, share ideas and network.
What is the impact of TEC 2016 and the pre-events for TEC 2016?
TEC 2016 will:
- Facilitate knowledge transfer amongst leaders, business executives and up and coming entrepreneurs by providing a suitable environment for networking and sharing of ideas.
- Cause every participant and attendee to re-examine the way they are currently using Technology.
- Provide a foundation for the formation of a Business Technology Governance body that will contribute to the development of legislations on Technology that will facilitate secured and improved business processes and social development.
- Establish a network, mentoring and marketing channel for Technology innovators and public and private sector executives and employees.
Who should attend TEC 2016?
|Private and Public Executive, Technology Executives and Employees||Inventors and Innovators||Technology Students and Graduates|
Everyone is welcome, the only requirement is that you come with an open mind to learn and mingle.
Your next big business idea, tool, partner, mentor, customer will be at TEC 2016.
Why is Lead One the best organization to carry out this initiative?
We are a group of Professionals with experience in different fields working to bring about change. We put our hearts and soul into every program to achieve our well-structured goals.
How can you contribute the TEC 2016 success story?
- Share news about the event
- Attend the event
Images credit: http://all-free-download.com/